Sunday, August 29, 2010

LONG ROAD SOUTH STAGE 2

After purchasing a spare tyre to replace the blown out tyre from the day before, I set off south for the border, crossing it at exactly midnight.  I got as far as Springbok, where I spent the night in the Masonic Hotel - a rather unsatisfying experience after the wilderness.


After a restless night I set off for home with questions of whether to finally send my 1997 Landrover Tdi to greener pastures and what on earth to replace it with.


Making it home by mid afternoon, reunited with wife and daughter, I found it hard to communicate all the highs and lows and resolved to do it with photographs once I had them ready.  Thank you all for a great trip and thank you family for letting me escape on my own adventure.  Home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment