Friday, August 27, 2010

LONG ROAD SOUTH STAGE 1

Today was the long haul from the Khowarib back to Windhoek via Palmwag, Kamanjab.  The road to Palmwag, while uneventful was badly corrugated and by the time we reached Palmwag, we we were pretty fed up and not looking forward to the long trek still to go.

We arrived at Mt Elisenheim just north of Windhoek well after dark, pretty tired but satisfied with the wonderful experience in Namibian wilderness.  A final meal together was enjoyed with much hilarity, but tinged with some sadness that the time was coming to an end.

I in particular was not looking forward to the lonely drive to Cape Town, with the demon of breakdowns on the open road lurking in the shadows of my subconscious.  No matter what happens, though I'm glad that I persevered and joined my friends for a trip that will long be remembered for its up and its downs.

No comments:

Post a Comment